Studio Assistant Position Description
Rain & Lucky Academy of Dance is committed to sharing the love of our beautiful art form. We believe in teaching dance to the highest technical standards in a loving, positive and uplifting environment. We strive to foster creativity, imagination and self-expression, and to ensure all our students feel supported, confident and happy in every lesson. Our priority is to for each student to be inspired, nurtured and exhilarated by the joy of learning to dance.
At Rain & Lucky, we believe that the benefits of learning to dance extend far beyond the steps themselves. Dance has the power to develop strong, grounded, confident and compassionate people; and the life skills and qualities fostered in dance class can enhance all areas of life well into the future.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Studio Assistant who is organised, customer-focused, experienced and a dedicated team player. You will be part of a small, passionate team in a fast-growing dance school.
The Studio Assistant will use their organisational talents and creativity to assist the Academy in running smoothly and effectively. You are bringing your talents and skills to a company who strives to empower young people to thrive both in the dance studio and well into their futures.
A typical day includes...
- Delighting both existing and potential clients and exceed their expectations with above and beyond service and communication
- Managing email inboxes and phone enquiries in a friendly and timely manner
- Answering questions relating to Rain & Lucky, with the intention of enrolling prospective students
- Liasing and interact with children and families on a regular basis
- Upkeeping general administration as required
- Assisting with uniform/shoe fitting and sales
- Maintaining tidiness of studio environment and common areas
- Assisting as needed with live event planning and management, including internal studio showings and external productions, coordinating details such as venue/equipment hire, ticket sales and costumes
For the right person, this role may develop in the future to include some of the following (please note the below is not part of the current role, so these are bonus skills only and not dealbreakers!)
- Collaborate on strategic marketing plans and ideas for in-house and external events, and assist with the execution of marketing, including designing and creating images for social media and other advertisements
- Assist with writing and coordinating media releases, articles and EDMs. Proof, format and upload newsletters and blog posts
- Execute basic website content tweaks and updates as required
- Coordinate and document complex travel itineraries for multiple-teacher tours, including accommodation booking, flight booking and other travel details
- Manage and update social media, including coordinating giveaways and other promotions
- Assist with design and production of seasonal merchandise
- Coordinate large mailouts of seasonal merchandise and marketing
- Graphic design
Attributes for success
We are seeking a team member who is motivated, excited by variety and ready to dive in wholeheartedly. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
- A true desire to serve. Part of our mission is to make life easier for parents of dancers, and to create an community that both dancers and families feel privileged and excited to be a part of. Your role is an essential part of the experience to help our clients feel supported, valued and a cherished member of our community. You understand that service, clients and their care are highest priority. You always want people – no matter who they are – to have the best experience. This includes anticipating their needs and bringing 'wow factor' to your interactions with clients. We aim to put a smile on our clients' faces every day.
- A passion for excellence. You hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in every project you take on.
- Initiative. You have a strong ability to figure things out and think creatively to solve problems independently. In a small business, we must act swiftly and address challenges head-on – your ability to think quickly and make magic happen will be essential.
- An eye for detail. Being able to see that every t is crossed and i is dotted will be one of your best assets, ensuring a consistent and seamless experience across all projects.
- Fast tech learner. We use a variety of tech integrations and will ask you to get up to speed quickly to use them.
- Excellent communication skills. You are fabulous at maintaining relationships and excel at keeping in contact with people. You take personal responsibility for your actions and pride yourself on your integrity. You are kind, enthusiastic, exude warmth and find it easy to connect with people. You understand that you will be interacting with children regularly and are confident in your ability to relate to them with compassion at all times. Our greatest measure of success is client retention and you understand that preserving and cherishing the relationships we have with our clients is top priority.
Start date: Flexible/In the coming month
Starting ours per week: Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm, with the possible addition of occasional Saturdays only if desired.
Location: Rain & Lucky Academy of Dance, 2/299 Arthur St, Fairfield 3078
Rate: $25.00 ph to start, negotiable depending on experience.
Our company is growing quickly and we're looking for long-term contracted team members who are passionate about growing with us. The role is currently casual and part-time but can quickly move to more hours for the right person. Opportunities for growth are available depending on performance and results. A three-month trial period of casual employment will apply, to ensure a good long-term fit for both parties.
If this feels like an opportunity that you would love, please complete the following steps, please complete the application form found at this link.
Applications close 15th September, 2019.